Immigration Problems: Vacate Your Guilty Plea

Immigration Problems: Vacate Your Guilty Plea If you are applying for US citizenship and pleaded guilty to a crime, your application may be denied or in jeopardy of being denied.  Fortunately, our lawyers may be able to help.  Given the right circumstances, our attorneys can file a motion to vacate your plea of guilty and have your criminal matter re-opened.

We are experienced in arguing the grounds to challenge convictions with immigration consequences.  We are experienced in arguing that our client's Sixth Amendment right to effective assistance of counsel have been violated.  In so doing, we may be able to remedy their involuntary guilty plea.

A motion of this scope is often used when a defendant’s criminal attorney failed to advise them of the effect of a conviction would have on their immigration status.

About our firm:  our firm has represented criminal defendants throughout New York City and the surrounding suburbs of Westchester, Nassau, and Rockland Counties.  Our experiences spans over three decades and we are lead by a former prosecutor.  If you are in need of fighting your conviction for the based upon immigration status, give us a call at 914-723-7900.