Dresden Town Court
A conviction to a traffic ticket can be a nightmare. Given the right circumstances, it can cost a driver hundreds of dollars in fines payable to the court, hundreds more payable to the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles, and countless more in insurance increases. In some of the most egregious cases, a conviction can result in a jail sentence, several court appearances, and your insurance company dropping you as a client. We can help. Give us a call today to schedule your confidential consultation and ask to speak to one of our traffic ticket lawyers.Court Tips And Tidbits
Dresden Town Court
102 Clemens Center Road
Whitehall, NY 12887
(518) 499-1382 Court Clerk
(518) 499-0950 Justice
(518) 499-2537 Justice
- The town of Dresden is situated in Washington County, within Adirondack State Park, and has a population of 677 (2010 U.S. Census). The town is defined by Lake George, Lake Champlain, and the border of Vermont. The area is served by NY State Route 22.
- Each of the Dresden officials work from their personal residences, including the Justices.
- For assistance with traffic citations, it is advisable to contact one of the two Justices.
- Justices are located at 49 & 114 Pike Brook Road in Clemens, NY 12819, respective to the phone numbers listed above.
You should bring your court notice advising you to appear in court. If you are displaced, showing the court personnel your letter may help in directing you to where you need to go and what you need to do.How Many Points Am I Facing?
Speeding convictions in New York can range from 3-11 points depending on your speed. There is no such thing as a 1-point violation in New York. The following chart should be able to provide you a quick reference for how many points you are facing.
|01 to 10 mph over the limit||3|
|11 to 20||4|
|21 to 30||6|
|31 to 40||8|
|More than 40||11|
The fines for a repeat ticket offender can increase with every conviction within the same 18-month period. If this is your first speeding ticket within 18 months, the chart below can help you obtain a general idea of what your monetary penalties may look like. Please keep in mind these numbers are subject to change.
|1st time Conviction Within Eighteen (18) Months||Minimum Fine||Maximum Fine||Maximum Imprisonment||Points on Driving Record||Surcharge|
|10 mph or less||$45.00||$150.00||n/a||3||$88.00 or $93.00|
|11-30 mph||$90.00||$300.00||30 Days||4-6||$88.00 or $93.00|
|31 mph or over||$180.00||$600.00||30 Days||8-11||$88.00 or $93.00|
If you have been convicted of multiple speeding tickets within an 18-month period, the presiding judge has the power to impose a higher fine. This chart will provide you a quick glimpse into the possible fine range for a person convicted of multiple 3 point speeding violations.
|Conviction Within Eighteen (18) Months||Minimum Fine||Maximum Fine||Maximum Imprisonment||Points on Driving Record||Surcharge depending on court|
|1st||$45.00||$150.00||0||3||$88.00 or $93.00|
|2nd||$45.00||$300.00||0 Days||3||$88.00 or $93.00|
|3rd||$45.00||$525.00||0 Days||3||$88.00 or $93.00|
Join the thousands of drivers that have saved money, time and points on their license by hiring our law firm. A former New York City prosecutor leads our traffic ticket defense practice. We have the unique ability to quickly analyze traffic cases from both the defense perspective and prosecutorial perspective thereby giving you the effective and efficient legal representation. We can be reached at 800-893-9645.
Charges we Fight: Here is a list of some common charges we have helped our client’s fight:
- Speeding under VTL § 1180 (b)
- Speeding under VTL § 1180 (d)
- Cell Phone under VTL § 1225
- Child Seatbelt under VTL § 1229
- Failure to Move Over under VTL § 1144-A
- Failure to Signal under VTL § 1163
- Following Too Closely under VTL § 1129
- Operating Without Insurance under VTL § 319
- Red Light under VTL § 1111
- Stop Sign Violation under VTL § 1172
- Suspended License Operation under VTL § 511.1 (Misdemeanor)
- Unsafe Lane Change under VTL § 1128