Find the Best New York Speeding Ticket Lawyer
How to Find the Best NY Traffic Ticket Lawyer For You:
Are you looking for a New York Traffic Ticket Defense Lawyer and want to determine who is the best attorney for you? You’ve come to the right place.
While there are many lawyers who claim to be super lawyers, not every lawyer’s skill set may be best suited for your fact specific case. Some lawyers handle only divorce cases while others handle only small claims cases. As you can imagine, not every legal skill set may be transferable to your case. As such, they may not have the necessary experience or skill to give you the best defense possible. By analogy, ask yourself, “Why would you hire an electrician to fix your broke faucet?”
While doing your research, we recommend that you evaluate a number of factors to find the Top Ticket Defense Attorney for you. We recommend you consider these Top 5 factors before retaining an attorney:
1. Is the attorney’s practice limited to or significantly dedicated to speeding ticket defense or traffic ticket defense? There are thousands of solo practitioners that claim to be proficient in 10 or more areas of law. While many of them can do a good job in certain practice areas, there is a good chance that they are not proficient in Vehicle Traffic Law or they may not be able to dedicate the time necessary to defend what they will call a “simple traffic” matter thereby hurting your defense.
2. Does the attorney have a track record? Although no attorney can attest that their prior success can guarantee a similar outcome in future cases, its important that you have some knowledge of their past performance. For example, is your ticket their first ticket defense case? Is the attorney you’re speaking to experienced in the court where you received the ticket? Are they familiar with the Judge, prosecutor, police officer, and court staff?
3. Has the attorney kept up to date with the changing landscape of the law? Have they participated in any relevant continuing legal education programs? Every area of law can change significantly and rather frequently. Every change in the law can have a significant impact on your case.
4. Does the attorney have any peer recognition? In other words, do other lawyers in the field respect your lawyer? How do other attorneys, adversaries, clients, and judges perceive this lawyer?
5. Is the attorney accessible? Once you retain a lawyer, will they return your call or respond to your emails? Obviously, you will want to maintain contact with your lawyer. Some lawyers will only have their assistants speak to you.
About us: our attorneys have significant experience practicing traffic ticket defense law. We are lead by a former prosecutor and our experience spans over three decades. We have been recognized by our peers as some of the best lawyers in New York. Give us a call at 800-893-9645.