Avvo Rating
Empire State Counsel
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Above the Bar Awards
All-Star Lawyers

Lawyer’s Traffic Ticket Guide for Pierrepont Town Court

Call Now 800-893-9645How to Fight a Speeding Ticket in Pierrepont Town

The town of Pierrepont covers almost 61 square miles in St. Lawrence County, and contains the hamlet of Hannawa Falls, which was the site for the Coney Island amusement park from the 1920s to 1940s. Pierrepont has a population of 2,589 (2010 U.S. Census), and is served by NY State Routes 56 and 68, which passes through the hamlet of Pierrepont at County Road 24.

If you have received a speeding ticket that is returnable to Pierrepont Town Court and are having difficulty making heads or tails of your situation then this guide was made especially for by our attorneys.

We know getting a speeding ticket can be quite overwhelming and costly. So here are some tips and pointers to help you find some ease of mind when you go to fight your ticket.

If you would like legal representation, then give our attorneys a call today. We have helped countless drivers save their money, time, points and insurance increases. Our attorneys are here to help you, you can reach us at 800-893-9645.

Court Tips and Tidbits

Court Location:

Pierrepont Town Court
864 State Highway 68
Canton, NY 13617

Justice Court is held in the evening on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month, and fines may be paid in person, by phone or online.

Arrive on Time: It is always a good policy to be early than late. If you are late, there is a chance that your case may have been called in your absence.

Tip: Prior to coming to court, be sure to bring your court notice advising you to appear. Some court personnel may use it as a reference point when you arrive in court.

Security: The court is a secure place, as such you will be asked to walk through a magnetometer upon your arrival. Please turn off all electronic devices and dispose of all food and beverages.

Junior License: If you have a speeding ticket and possess a junior license, you may be required to appear in court regardless of your plea. A driver with a junior license (DJ) should be very careful in resolving their matters because the DMV has more stringent guidelines for young drivers.

Plea: The majority of cases are resolved via plea bargaining. In lieu of having a trial, it may be possible to resolve a traffic matter with a lesser included charge. Most resolution will involve a fine and a surcharge. The surcharge is additional monies payable at the end of case that are paid to New York State.

Tickets: The court receives speeding and traffic tickets from a myriad of police agencies. They have presided over tickets issued by Park Police Officers, Sheriff’s Deputies, State Police Officers, and more. A Special Prosecutor prosecutes tickets issued by the State Police. The Special Prosecutor was approved by a Town Board and gives the power to enforce the law

Getting the Legal Advantage

At Joseph P. Villanueva, Attorneys At Law, our team of attorneys is lead by former New York City prosecutor, Mr. Joseph Villanueva. Having a former prosecutor on your side can be quite a unique advantage. We can help you analyze your case from the perspective of a defense attorney and well as a prosecutor. Our team has consistently helped drivers save money, time, points and insurance increases. To reach our attorneys call 800-893-9645.


How many points are allowed until a license is suspended?

There are many reasons why a driver may have their privilege to drive suspended. With respect to points, a driver will suspended upon receiving 11 or more points within an 18 month period.

What would happen if I ignore my ticket?

A driver who ignores their moving violation will eventually have their privilege to drive submitted to DMV for suspension. It is important that you stay on top of your traffic matter because driving with a suspended license can lead to significant problems including criminal charges.

If a plea of guilty is entered by mail, does the fine need to be paid at the same time?

In general, when a driver mails the court their guilty plea, the court will send back a letter with the fine amount with a date certain to pay the fine. If the driver does not get a response in 5 business days, the driver should call the court to follow up on the status of their ticket.

Am I required to go to court to fight my ticket?

Yes, however if you chose to retain our firm, we can go to court and fight on your behalf to get you an amicable resolution. Call us now at 800-893-9645.

For more information, please visit the following links:

Traffic Ticket FAQs
Tips on Avoiding a Speeding Ticket
Top Reasons to Hire an Attorney

Client Reviews
“I was extremely pleased with the friendly yet professional service that I received in resolving my legal issue.” Karen K.
“Joseph Villanueva and staff made the whole process so easy and gave me the peace of mind that I didn't receive points against my license. Well worth the money!” Linda P.
“Best attorney I’ve worked with. Stayed in contact throughout the whole process. Gave me frequent updates and always replied back to me within an hour. Definitely recommend.” Nikki C.