New Rochelle Lawyer DWI, Criminal Defense and Suspended License

Have Our Former Prosecutor Fight For You. Call Us Now at 914-723-7900.

Speeding Ticket Tuxedo NYIf you are charged with a DWI or facing a criminal charge of driving with a suspended license in New Rochelle, you need to call our lawyers at 914-723-7900.  Our team of lawyers have over 25 years of legal experience and we are prepared to fight for you.

Send Us an Email

About Our Firm: The criminal defense team at Villanueva & Sanchala, PLLC is lead by Joseph P. Villanueva.  Mr. Villanueva is a former prosecutor and has extensive experience handling felony and misdemeanor matters.  He is a consumate trial lawyer and has tried DWI cases and multimillion dollar civil cases throughout New York.

The firm has over twenty years of legal experience has handles several core practice areas including all facets of employment law.  Mr. Sanchala is the firms lead employment attorney and routinely defends Fortune 500 companies on employment issues as well as sues on behalf of individuals for wrongful termination and discrimination.

With over 5 attorneys, the firm can be frequently found throughout NYC and the Hudson Valley courts such as Clarkstown Court, White Plains Court, Yonkers Court, Fishkill Justice Court, Newburgh Town Court, Wallkill Traffic Court, Wayawanda Justice Court, and Orangetown Court.

Main Criminal Defense Page

DWI Defense: If you are charged with a DWI, you can be facing either criminal or felony charges. If you are convicted, you can be sentenced to a length jail term, probation, and pay significant fines. An adult conviction will result in a permanent criminal record which cannot be sealed.  Our attorneys have handled DWI cases from their inception through trial.  We excel at defending clients in refusal cases as well as cases involving a breath test.  Call us to learn how we can defend you. Send Us an Email

Suspended License Defense: Being charged with a driving with a suspended license can be a life changing event.  Most cases are misdemeanor and some cases can even be felonies.  If you are found guilty of driving with a suspended license, you will have a permanent criminal record which can impede your ability to find a job, enter into school, or obtain a professional license.  Call us at 914-723-7900 to learn how we can help you.  Send Us an Email

About Rochelle City Court: The New Rochelle City Court is located one block  from City Hall on North Avenue.  It can be reached by local road and highways such as I-95 and the Hutchinson River Parkway.  The court employs two full time judges and one part time judge.  It has jurisdiction over misdemeanor matters such as Criminal Trespass and Criminal Sale of a Control Substance.  It also has jurisdiction over speeding tickets and related moving violations.

Main Speeding Ticket Defense Page

Question and Answers:

Our attorneys are consulted on a daily basis on a myriad of legal issues.  Here are some frequently asked questions posed to our attorneys.  Please note, each legal case is different and you should not rely on any one answer without a consultation with an attorney.

Q.:  I was charged with DWI in Putnam County. I want to plead guilty. Why won't the court let me plead guilty without an attorney?

A.:  Most likely, the judge is being careful.  The judge is doing a good job and wants to make sure you understand your rights.  Pleading guilty to a crime is a serious matter and can have life long consequences.  

Q.: I plead guilty to DWI 4 years ago in Clarkstown. I picked up a new DWI in Kent.  Will I be charged with a felony?

A.: The prosecution will have the option of charging you with a felony.  You need a strong criminal defense team to try and keep you out of jail.  Call our criminal defense lawyers today and ask for a confidential consultation at 914-723-7900.

Q.  Is a suspended license really a crime?

Driving with a suspended license in NY is a crime. Depending on how the District Attorney’s Office drafts the charges, you can be charged with either a misdemeanor of felony. At the end of the case, you can be sentenced to jail or probation.

Q.  What are some proactive things I can do to resolve my suspended license?

You should go to DMV, obtain a copy of your driving record and start clearing up any suspensions that you have.

Q.  I didn’t know my license was suspended? How can they convict me?

If you failed to notify the DMV of an address change, and your suspension notice went to the wrong address, you’re failure to notify the DMV will not be a valid defense to the charge.

Q.  I’m not working and cannot afford to clear up my suspensions. What should I do?

You need to come into compliance with the law. Ergo, the faster you clear up your suspension, the faster you can resolve your matter. Your failure to clear up your suspensions will adversely affect the resolution of your case.

Villanueva & Sanchala, PLLC Links

Main Suspended License Page
DWI Defense Page
Meet Our Lead Criminal Defense Lawyer
Send Us an Email

Other Useful Links:

New York Website
New York Governor
New York Legislature
City of New Rochelle
New Rochelle High School
New Roc City