Avvo Rating
Empire State Counsel
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Above the Bar Awards
All-Star Lawyers

Peekskill Criminal Defense Attorneys

Retain Our Firm and Have One of New York's Top Criminal Defense Attorneys and Former Prosecutor Fight For You. Call Us Now at 914-723-7900.

Speeding Ticket Tuxedo NYQ.  What should I do if I am charged with a DWI or Driving with a Suspended License in Peekskill?

You should enter a plea of not guilty, invoke your right to remain silent, and retain our lawyers by calling 914-723-7900. Our team of lawyers have more than 20 years of legal experience and we are prepared to fight for you. Send Us an Email

DWI Defense Page
Main Speeding Ticket Defense Page
Send Us an Email

About the Peekskill Court: The Peekskill City Court is located at 2 Nelson Avenue. There is ample parking for litigants and it is conveniently located to public transportation.  The court has jurisdiction over misdemeanor matters such as failure to report wiretap under PL 250.15, false personation under PL 190.23, and falsely reporting an incident under PL 240.50. Among other things, the court also has jurisdiction over speeding and traffic tickets.

About Our Firm: The criminal defense team at Joseph P. Villanueva, Attorneys At Law is lead by Joseph P. Villanueva.  Mr. Villanueva is a former prosecutor and has extensive experience handling felony and misdemeanor matters.  He is a consumate trial lawyer and has tried DWI cases and multimillion dollar civil cases throughout New York.

The firm has over twenty years of legal experience has handles several core practice areas including all facets of employment law.  Mr. Sanchala is the firms lead employment attorney and routinely defends Fortune 500 companies on employment issues as well as sues on behalf of individuals for wrongful termination and discrimination.

Suspended License Defense: Being charged with a driving with a suspended license can be a life changing event.  Most cases are misdemeanor and some cases can even be felonies.  If you are found guilty of driving with a suspended license, you will have a permanent criminal record which can impede your ability to find a job, enter into school, or obtain a professional license.  Call us at 914-723-7900 to learn how we can help you. Send Us an Email

DWI Defense: If you are charged with a DWI, you can be facing either criminal or felony charges. If you are convicted, you can be sentenced to a length jail term, probation, and pay significant fines. An adult conviction will result in a permanent criminal record which cannot be sealed.  Our attorneys have handled DWI cases from their inception through trial.  We excel at defending clients in refusal cases as well as cases involving a breath test.  Call us to learn how we can defend you. Send Us an Email

"Per Se" BAC Level
"Zero Tolerance" BAC Level
Enhanced Penalty BAC Level
"Implied Consent" Law
New York
Questions and Answers:

Our attorneys are consulted on a daily basis on a myriad of legal issues.  Here are some frequently asked questions posed to our attorneys.  Please note, each legal case is different and you should not rely on any one answer without a consultation with an attorney.

Q. If the victim of a crime wants to drop the charges and fails to cooperate, can the I still be prosecuted?

A. Yes.  Unlike a civil matter, the District Attorney's Office controls the prosecution of the case.  They can decide to go forward with a case with circumstantial evidence.

Q.  If I lie and make a sworn false statement on a police report, can I be prosecuted?

A. Yes

Q.  Is a suspended license really a crime?

A.  Driving with a suspended license in NY is a crime. Depending on how the District Attorney’s Office drafts the charges, you can be charged with either a misdemeanor of felony. At the end of the case, you can be sentenced to jail or probation.

Q.  What are some proactive things I can do to resolve my suspended license?

A.  You should go to DMV, obtain a copy of your driving record and start clearing up any suspensions that you have.

Q.  I didn’t know my license was suspended? How can they convict me?

A.  If you failed to notify the DMV of an address change, and your suspension notice went to the wrong address, you’re failure to notify the DMV will not be a valid defense to the charge.

Q.  I’m not working and cannot afford to clear up my suspensions. What should I do?

A.  You need to come into compliance with the law. Ergo, the faster you clear up your suspension, the faster you can resolve your matter. Your failure to clear up your suspensions will adversely affect the resolution of your case.

Joseph P. Villanueva, Attorneys At Law Links

Main Suspended License Page
DWI Defense Page
Meet Our Lead Criminal Defense Lawyer
Send Us an Email

Client Reviews
“I was extremely pleased with the friendly yet professional service that I received in resolving my legal issue.” Karen K.
“Joseph Villanueva and staff made the whole process so easy and gave me the peace of mind that I didn't receive points against my license. Well worth the money!” Linda P.
“Best attorney I’ve worked with. Stayed in contact throughout the whole process. Gave me frequent updates and always replied back to me within an hour. Definitely recommend.” Nikki C.