Fight Your Taconic State Parkway Ticket and Save Money
Did you receive a speeding ticket along the Taconic State Parkway? If so, you are not alone. Each year, thousands of drivers are issued an expensive speeding ticket on their way to visit their kids at college, vacation, and business. A conviction to a speeding ticket traveling 76/55 mph zone can result in hundreds of dollars in fines, hundreds more in a Driver’s Responsibility Assessment fee payable to Albany, and even more in insurance increases.
Some of these penalties can be reduced or eliminated by hiring our experienced Taconic State Parkway Ticket Lawyers. We can help.
About Our Firm: Our law firm has been recognized as some of the finest lawyers in New York State and we have been more than 30 years of legal experience. Our traffic ticket defense practice is led by a former prosecutor with the knowledge and skills to fight for you. Give us a call today and ask for your confidential consultation. We can be reached at 800-893-9645.
55 MPH Zone: The TSP stretches more than a 100 miles from White Plains in Westchester up to Columbia County. The speed limit throughout the Taconic State Parkway is 55 mph. Many drivers mistakenly believe that the highway turns into a 65 mph zone when it traverse through more rural parts of Upstate New York. This misunderstanding is a large contributing factor to the significant number of speeding tickets issued along this highway.
State Police: For the most part, the TSP is patrolled by the New York State Police. Other police jurisdictions can share the patrol duties along this busy interstate such as County Sheriffs, Park Police, and MTA Police.
Tickets issued on the Taconic are made returnable to the local court with jurisdiction over the particular stretch of highway that the ticket was issued.
Busy Courts: The Taconic State Parkway cuts cross the four counties of Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess and Columbia. Some of the more active courts to receive tickets from the Taconic include:
- New Castle Town Court (Chappaqua Town Court)
- Yorktown Town Court (Yorktown Heights Town Court)
- Putnam Valley Town Court
- Carmel Town Court
- East Fishkill Town Court
- LaGrange Town Court (Lagranville Town Court)
- Poughkeepsie Town Court
- Pleasant Valley Town Court
- Clinton Town Court (Rhinebeck Town Court)
- Stanford Town Court (Stanfordville Town Court)
- Milan Town Court
- Gallatin Town Court
- Taghkanic Town Court
- Claverack Town Court
- Ghent Town Court
- Austerlitz Town Court
- Chatham Town Court
Points: The number of points a driver is facing will depend on the nature of the charge. Most moving violations will vary from 0 to 11 points. The majority of clients that hire our firm are facing a speeding ticket. This chart will help you quickly ascertain the number of points you are facing.
|01 to 10 mph over the limit||3|
|11 to 20||4|
|21 to 30||6|
|31 to 40||8|
|More than 40||11|
We Can Help. Call Us Today at 800-893-9645: Here is a list of some common charges were have helped our client’s fight.
- Speeding under VTL § 1180 (b)
- Speeding under VTL § 1180 (d)
- Cell Phone under VTL § 1225
- Child Seatbelt under VTL § 1229
- Failure to Move Over under VTL § 1144-A
- Failure to Signal under VTL § 1163
- Following Too Closely under VTL § 1129
- Operating Without Insurance under VTL § 319
- Red Light under VTL § 1111
- Stop Sign Violation under VTL § 1172
- Suspended License Operation under VTL § 511.1 (Misdemeanor)
- Unsafe Lane Change under VTL § 1128